city of San Antonio


Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 20-7467   
Type: Misc - Professional Services Agreements
In control: City Council A Session
On agenda: 2/11/2021
Posting Language: Ordinance approving an agreement with TXC Texas Creative, Ltd. to develop and implement the SA Climate Ready Public Engagement & Communications Initiative with an initial term of one year with the option to extend for two additional one-year terms at a cost of $195,000.00 per term for a total not to exceed $585,000.00. Twenty percent, or $39,000 will be made available year-one, with the option to increase to 40% in subsequent years, through sub-contracts to grassroots organizations for equity-based engagement with vulnerable populations most impacted by climate change. Funding is available in the Office of Sustainability FY21 Budget. [David McCary, Assistant City Manager; Douglas Melnick, Chief Sustainability Officer]
Attachments: 1. Final Score Matrix, 2. Initial Score Matrix, 3. Contract Disclosure Form, 4. Draft Ordinance, 5. Agreement, 6. Staff Presentation, 7. Ordinance 2021-02-11-0103
DEPARTMENT: Office of Sustainability

DEPARTMENT HEAD: Douglas R. Melnick, AICP, ISSP-SA, CNU-A

COUNCIL DISTRICTS IMPACTED: All

SUBJECT:

City Council consideration of an Ordinance approving an agreement with TXC Texas Creative, Ltd., to develop and implement the SA Climate Ready Public Engagement & Communications Initiative with 20% of contract funding dedicated to grassroots organizations for targeted equity outreach.


SUMMARY:

The City of San Antonio solicited proposals from qualified respondents to implement the SA Climate Ready Public Engagement & Communications Initiative, which will inform the greater San Antonio community about the benefits of climate action and adaptation activities. Equity themes, as defined in the SA Climate Ready, Climate Action & Adaptation Plan, include access and accessibility; affordability; cultural preservation; health; and, safety and security. The objective of this initiative is to continue education, awareness, and conversation to ensure cross-sector involvement and buy-in for implementation of climate mitigation and air quality policies, programs, and projects.

To accomplish this objective, the initiative will focus on direct messaging and engagement with the general public and with specific key audiences and will utilize various media avenues. The annual budget for this initiative is $195,000.00 for the first year, with two one-year renewal options. 80% of the contracted amount, or $156,000, will be utilized for the development and implementation of the SA Climate Ready Public Engagement & Communications Initiative. The remaining 20%, or $39,000, will be made available through sub-contracts to grassroots organizations experienced working with neighborhoods and communities that have been traditionally underserved, considered "hard to reach," and that will be most impacted by climate change. To provide flexibility to respond to the needs of the community, as informed by the experiences during the prior year, the Par...

Click here for full text